cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no MWI on 7960

brad.swanson
Level 1
Level 1

We have CM 3.05a with Unity 2.4 (build 2.4.5.66) and 7960 phones. We can't get the Message Waiting light to go on after a message is left on the Unity server. We have checked the CM > Service > Service Param > Cisco Call Manager > Param MessageWaitingOffDN and ...OnDN and both #'s match the Unity settings. We can even dial up the #'s with the phone and get the MWI to go on and off manually.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

jkurth
Level 1
Level 1

Brad,

please see this URL on CCO....

Jeff

http://cco/warp/public/788/AVVID/mwi_light_not_work.html

Thanks. I did look at the url. We are using Unity and I did confirm the DN's are different for On and Off. I can actually dial up --- with my IP Phone ---the OnDN # and turn the MWI on, then dial up the OffDN # and turn it off, but for some reason Unity is not able to talk to the CM and do it for Voice Mail (the Unity server can ping the CM ;) ). I tried deleting the DN's for the Unity, booting the server, adding the DN's back in...no luck. Also, when I log into VIewMail I see the message on the Unity server. hmmmm...????

Brad

I also battled a long time with the MWI and Unity. In the end my problem was partitions. It looks like the MWI for Unity is in the partition. I still don't know how to change that, but if you put the phone/line also in the partition the MWI works.

It was a bit different with UOne, because there we had a MWI port under the UOne device. It was possible to assign a partition for the MWI.

Hope this helps

Pieter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: