cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCS/DDS link via Lucent Definity PABX

dlittlewood
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody had any experience in configuring a transparent CCS link via Cisco routers to link two Lucent Definity PABXs?

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

zhukov.a
Level 1
Level 1

I connect two Definity via two routers cisco2611 (1 serial, HDV-1E1-30)

Thanks for the response.

Did you set up a CAS link of a CCS? I have succesfully set up a CAS link but I need to have CLI coming over the link as well.

CCS doesnt seem as straight forward as CAS.

Thanks again.

I'm not the telecom guy in our group, but I'll try to get him to through some info into this for you. We currently have 6 Definity systems (5 prologix, 1 g3) connected together via an IP/FR network. We have implemented 5 digit dialing, interoffice voicemail messaging, etc. I don't know exactly what the link is, but I'll see if he can help.

The Definity switches are connected to Pollable Storage Units that buffer the CDR data over a serial link. The PSUs are connected to Tektronics/Avaya MSS-100 IP Interface that connects to the PSU withy another serial cable. The CAS XP (Veramark/MOSCOM) software initiates an on-demand download to the PSU through the MSS-100 which supplies the IP connectivity. This is the official Avaya solution. I suppose you could connect the MSS-100 without the PSU and try to stream the CDR data but if you lose your WAN, you lose the data but are protected with a PSU. Let us know your thoughts! abellak's telecom guy

njee
Level 1
Level 1