cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Vs. Lucent

lnthompson
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if someone had a recent side by side comparison between Cisco and Avaya Voice over IP solutions.

We are strongly considering Cisco's solution, but we have an existing Avaya G3si. There are a lot of integration issues that would be resolved a lot easier in the Avaya solution. So I am looking for key operational benefits with Cisco.

6 Replies 6

bobclose
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco CallManager can be connected to the Definity G3 PBX providing extension-to-extension dialing, Calling Number and Called Name. We currently have two Definity G3r's on our Corporate Campus connected to four CallManager Clusters delivering the features already mentioned. If you require more information or have additional questions please do not hesitate to reply to this posting.

We have a Definity G3 at our headquarters and Callmanager's at our remote offices. We are able to do four digit dialing to and from the G3 and the Callmanager through a T1 voice card in a 2621 which acts as a gateway for the G3 system. This router sits in our headquarters. I cannot get the Calling Number and Called Name working. After doing some debugs on the router, it's clear that the G3 is not sending the data. What am I missing? How do you connect between the systems?

I’d give your Cisco rep or TAC a call on this one. They have always been helpful for situations like this and it looks like they would need to do some online troubleshooting with you.

BOB

Can you help me with the configuration for the 3640 router and its integration with the Definity PBX through T1 CAS.

Thanks & Regds

Uttaran

s-minana
Level 1
Level 1

I guess you should ask this question to an independent party. Posting this question to a Cisco forum will return you only one answer...

Plus Avaya is not lucent anymore...

Regards

briggs.simon
Level 1
Level 1

I have included a link to an RFP article. Keep one thing in mind when comparing Cisco, Avaya, and Nortel that is not mentioned in this article. One of the major benefits of the Cisco solution is it's distributed open-standards architecture it may sound like a lot of marketing BS but it really does make an impact one what these systems can and cannot do, their scalability, performance, and fault tolerance. Also, since the Active VOice acquistion the Cisco solution supports Excahnge and Notes for Unified Messaging.

Here is the link:

http://www.nwc.com/1122/1122f1.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: