cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal and Corporate Directories

wlyon
Level 4
Level 4

Back in the early 3.0 days I remember two lines when I pressed the directories button, Personal Directory and Corporate Directory. I assume now these will be an XML service. I find that customers can utilize this feature and do away with the ever changing hard copy phone list that is distributed every week when staff changes occur. Can anyone shed some light?

7 Replies 7

mvonlanthen
Level 1
Level 1

No, you could make your own CiscoIPPhoneDirectory in XML - i made a servlet that connects to the LDAP and returns an actual list of found persons in the company. But it is possible that this service is only available with callmanager v. 3.0.7?!?

The Corporate Directory function is available and on by default in CallManager versions 3.0(5a) and later. The Personal Directory function will be available in a future release of CallManager -- not 3.0

I am running version 3.07 and there is not a Corporate Directory selection when the user presses the Direcory key on a 7960/7940 phone. Does one have to configure an XML service to get this going?

You probably are experiencing a DNS problem. I would change under your Call Manager Admin the System/Enterprise Params options for URL Dirs, Info, Messages(I guess for Uone?), and Services. I would change these to the IP instead of name like:

http://callmanager/CCMUser/

to

http://192.168.1.2/CCMUser/

Then I would try to troubleshoot DNS if you want all this info to rely on a DNS server.

To add to Wayne's comment, you'll need to stop and start the Cisco TFTP service after changing the name to the IP address, then try resetting a phone.

Actually, you no longer need to stop and start the TFTP Service. The TFTP Service receives change notification from the Database Layer Monitor Service and will update all of the affected device records automatically. After you make the change you should only need to reset the phones so that it will TFTP it's updated config file.

The simple way to reset all of the 7960's and or 7940's is on the Device Defaults page. Click the reset icon next to the model you want to reset.

Darrick

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco just keeps telling me it will be fixed and re-released in June or July of this year with 3.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: