Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Local Director Capacity

Unanswered Question

IN a generic IDC , there is the need to provide load balancing to different Customers WEB SERVERS , it occurs that a more cost effective solution is needed than a pair of Local Directors to each Customer .

I suggest that a pair of LD-430 can be used to provide load balancing to different sets of servers 9 each set belonging to a different customer . The idea is to use in the Internet open interface a physical IP address and many virtual addresses as customers for DNS resolution and that an interface , on the other side using the same principle belonging to a Community VLAN or one interface for each Customer , assuming that each Customer can expand up to 5 Web Servers and a máximum 512Kbps . of Internet bandwidth , how many custmoers can I support with such configuration ??

Another possibility is using Local director interfaces for each VLAN where a set of web servers reside .

Has anyone tried that ?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ciscomoderator Tue, 03/06/2001 - 08:27
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

The focus of this board is Voice and Video technologies, however, there are a number of professionals online who may be able to assist you. We are always considering additional forums for such topics and I will make a note of your post.

If you don't get a suitable response, you may wish to review our resources at www.cisco.com/go/ld or speak with our pre-sales department at 1-800-553-NETS. Your reseller or local Cisco sales office would also be equipped to answer your questions.

If anyone else in the forum has some experieince, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Actions

This Discussion