cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI in Subscriber Template

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

The MWI setting in the Subscriber Template (1,X) did not populate the setting in each subscriber. Instead the subscribers have their extension in for the MWI. This site has multiple switches with different codes; For example 1,X 2,X 3,X.<br><br>Any ideas?<br><br>Brent<br><br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

Looking further at the issue, it looks like users created within the SA have the correct settings. Users imported via AvImport.exe do not.

Hope this helps,

Brent

Not applicable

ah, so you're not trying to change folks after you created them, the import didn't use the template you selected?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Yep, we set this well before we created any users. The imported users (exchange and csv import) do not have the 1,X or 2,X setting. New users created within the SA inherit this from the Subscriber Template. It just looks like those users imported skipped over it and the field was populated with their extension.

Thanks,

Brent

Not applicable

Yuck. This is probably a bug in the import utility... I'll check into it.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Yep, I just confirmed this with a test import.

Thanks for checking into it.

Brent

Not applicable

The templates only get used when creating new subscribers... if you make a change to a template it doesn't populate it out to all the users. Unfortunately I don't have this capability in the Bulk Edit utility yet (it's on my list to add)...

I take it you have more than two switches at this site that are somehow networked together and you need to have bunches of different lamp code formats? If you only have two switches, why not just change the lamp codes under the switch pages?

You can define multiple on/off codes for each switch if you want but it still requires you prefix the lamp code with a special character that indicates to us which code you want to use (i.e. you can even mix lamp lighting mechanisms such as serial and analog on the same switch). That wont help you now, however...

Assuming you have a number of switches you're trying to handle here, your only option at this point is to manually change subscriber's to match the lamp formats you need for each connected switch. I'll add lamp code updates to the Bulk Edit utility in the next version I release.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: