Level 3
Level 3

Are there any mibs for Unity? If so, where can I get them?<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

mib?

Messy Infant Bib?
Mambo in Bermuda?

I'm not familiar with that acronym I'm afraid...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Two good guesses.

Sorry, MIB(Management Information Base). A MIB is a database of network performance information that is stored on a Network Agent for access by a Network Management Station.

In other words, Unity's MIB would collect performance information, including on/off status, error count, etc..... about Unity. A program such as CiscoWorks or HP OpenView would than use SNMP(Simple Network Management Protocol) to go out and query those MIBs.

I know currently, Unity uses the Event Viewer to log some of this information.

Not applicable

Hmmm... well, the event viewer holds error information. We also use the performance monitor to log data about over all system performance (i.e. how long it took us to do a lookup in the directory, how many milliseconds to startup a record session etc...). Mostly we use this for load test type data so we can tell where the "breaking point" is for a system under heavy user/call loads. Outside of that there's only typical diagnostics that can be turned on and parsing through that would be arduous at best.

short story is there isn't anyting targeted at this type of functionality. We can fire notifications based on errors but those errors are altered via the event log. I'm not sure what Cisco Works is capable of but the event log monitoring would be the only thing practical.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: