cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP Call disconnects

amit12
Level 1
Level 1

We are testing VoIp over Satellite link and have configured E & M cards for it.

The voice call disconnects in about 2-3 minutes automatically. Does it have something to do with router configuration or PBX signalling.

Pls suggest.

Amit

4 Replies 4

r-simpson
Level 3
Level 3

I think your best bet with this one is to get your debugs and configurations ready and open a case with one of the engineers at Cisco. I’m sure this will require some interactive troubleshooting.

6g.thacker
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you have a hardware detect configuration problem causing the disconnects. This is usually set in class 4 and 5 switches with E&M signaling. This will ensure calls properly disconnect when someone hangs up the phone (reversal ground, I’ think). Typically this is set with a timer to disconnect if caller/switch/PBX doesn’t send the hardware off hook/on hook signal (ground reversal?). Most switches can be set to “detect hardware answer- off”.

On which hardware should I check for the hardware detect configuration problem.

I haven't really got by what you described as class 4 and 5 switches with e&m signalling.can you please elaborate?

Thanks & Regards

Amit

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure the switch is sending back a connect. If we don't get a connect after 3 minutes (if memory serves me correctly) we'll disconnect the call. If you can't find anything, go ahead and open up a TAC case; you'll need 'show ver', 'show run', 'debug voip ccapi' and 'debug vtsp all' OR 'debug vpm all' depending on the platform/version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: