cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Server Name Change

8dgoswick
Level 1
Level 1

What steps are involved in changing the actual Windows 2000 server name used for a CCM? Would it be easier to just back the database up and rebuild the server with the new name and then restore the database?

4 Replies 4

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

Although I have never personally attempted this, you might be playing with fire here.....the server name is tied to LOTS of call manager configuration parameters and unless there is a DIRE need to chage this, I would leave it the way it is. But who knows, someone out there may have given it a shot...and it may work. If you are going to attempt this, I'd go into it planning for the worst. ( a complete reload) Good luck.....and if you can get it to work, shoot me an email if you can!

mschlenger@n2nsolutions.com

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike is right about this one... don't change it. You can't even do a backup and restore if there is a name change. Your best options are to either:

1) leave the name alone

2) build machine over again from complete scratch. if you have a lot of data (e.g. phones, users, etc.) then you can use the BAT tool to bulk import them.

is it as dangerous to change the service account password that CCM runs under.

Thanks,

8dgoswick
Level 1
Level 1

Yep, ended up rebuilding it and manually re-entering the data. It wasn't alot so it was OK. Yeah, I agree that it is not a good idea to try and change it. Thanks to all who posted.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: