cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct Transfer to User Voicemail

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to transfer directly into someones voicemail without waiting for the ring timeout?? Is there anything that needs to be setup in Callmanager to allow. Call Manager 3.09 and Unity 2.45.<br><br>

12 Replies 12

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Kinda. You can hit transfer, dial Unity (push the ‘messages’ key), hit # when prompted for your password, enter the subscribers extension and then hit transfer again.

Note: If the subscriber is setup to try to transfer to their phone, Unity will still try to do that first before taking a message.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Customer Support Engineer
Cisco Systems
keithc@cisco.com

Not applicable

you can use "#2" after dialing the extension number to prevent Unity from trying the extension for that user... so in my case you'd dial "3189#2" and get right to my greeting.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

We have tried this, but as soon as we put the extension in, the phone starts ringing, not giving us time to put in the #2. What needs to change to make this happen?

Not applicable

Are you dialing the extension + # + 2 after calling into Unity?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Yes, but as soon as you press the #, you get the response, "Sorry, that is an invalid entry." and can't go beyond that.

Not applicable

If the person that is doing the transfer is a Unity subscriber, I would expect them to get prompted for their password when first calling Unity for the transfer. This subscriber must first back out of that conversation before dialing the extension + # + 2. To back out, dial * then #.

If they do not back out of that conversation, they will get the prompt that the entry is invalid.

So the entire sequence would be, [hit transfer key] + [call unity] + if subscriber[* #] + [extension # 2]

Is that the case?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

I have followed the instructions as in the last reply.
"So the entire sequence would be, [hit transfer key] + [call unity] + if subscriber[* #] + [extension # 2]"
But after I call Unity and press the [* #], I get the message, "Sorry, that is not a valid entry, please enter your ID followed by #"

Not applicable

What version of Unity do you have? It might be a * + * at that point.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Let's take it from the top.

I receive an incoming call, I press the Transfer button, then the Messages button. Unity answers and asks for the password.

I press "*", the system responds, "Please enter your ID followed by #"
If I press "*", the system responds by disconnecting.
If I press "#", the system responds, "Sorry that is not a valid entry."
If I enter the four digit number I want to transfer to, then #2, I get, "Sorry, that is not a valid entry. Please enter your password."

I think this pretty much covers all the scenarios that I have tried.

Unity 2.4 Build 2.4.5.73

When I try the * + *, I am disconnected from Unity.

Not applicable

Well, this is starting to get fun : )

When person first calls into Unity do do the transfer, what do they hear? If they hit * one time, what do they hear?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Thinking about this and putting 2 and 2 together... this may be related to the routing rules work around for the TSP bug where direct calls to ports 2 and higher come in as forwarded calls. In fact, I'm almost sure of it.

Since the "reason in {1}" is removed the direct call rule always fires (i.e. it doesn't matter if it's direct or forwarded or what). When Unity backs out of the subscriber conversation it hands the call back to the arbiter which reevaluates those same rules that were used on the incoming call. In most cases the direct rule will fail here since the "direct" call flag in the call object is cleared before handing this call back to the arbiter. As such you'd end up back at the opening greeting.

however, with the direct qualifier taken out, the attempt sign in rule will fire in this case, taking that caller to the subscriber sign in conversation instead of the opening greeting. Hence the reason why a seemingly simple operation is appearing so complex...

We can prove this pretty easily... undo the routing rule change and run some tests by calling into port 1 directly (i.e. don't hit port 2 or higher which causes a problem). If this clears the problem we can get you hooked up with TSP 1.0.0.32 (recently posted to CCO) which fixes the problem where you need to do that routing rules hack.

I think this is probably at the root of a couple other problems lurking around where folks are not ending up where they expect when bailing out of their subscriber conversations and/or exiting the subscriber sign in conversation doesn't work as expected.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: