cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default password and ID

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br><br>I have just created some subscribers in Unity 2.4.6. Everytime when I call into the system and hit # key , the system will ask for the password and ID, my question is what is the dafault password for each new subscribers and default ID for identification??<br><br>Regards,<br>Bruce <br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

The default password is assigned by the Subscriber template you used to create new users with. By default out of the box this is "12345", however the installer may have selected to change this before creating your users. You can also go into the SA and change the PW for users vie the web.

The ID is the extension number assigned when you created the subscribers (most of the time this is your extension number).

so when you call in from the outside and you're work extension is 1189 you'd dial *1189, then 12345 to get into your mailbox (unless the installer chose a different default phone password for folks).

If you dial in from your extension at work, it should just ask you for your password (we already know what extension you are so we don't need you to enter your ID). If that's not the case, your switch integration is not configured properly.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: