cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost Administrator Account

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I migrated the administrator mailbox from one 5.5 server to another, then removed the old 5.5 server from the network. Now, when I try to administer unity using the administrator account that was tied to that mailbox, I get a message saying:<br><br>Access denied<br>Your Windows Domain Account [amc\administrator] is not associated with a Unity Subscriber.<br><br>You cannot access the Unity System Administration web pages.<br><br>Please see your system administrator for more details<br><br>The problem is that this is my only administrator account. I made myself a domain admin but then I get a message saying that I do not have the correct class of service. How do I get around this?<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

The easiest way to get around this is to associate the NT account you're logged in as with the Example Administrator account on the local Exchange server to the Unity box. After the resync cycle has completed (10 minutes) you should be able to gain access to the SA again.

if you've removed the Example Administrator account there's other, less trivial ways to get into your system. If that's the case, let me know and we'll try and help.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Unfortunately the Example Administrator mailbox is gone too. :( I swear I didn't do it!

Not applicable

ouch... If the Example Admin account's been toasted we have one of two options:

1. rerun the default configuration scripts which will reset your opening greeting, operator mailbox etc... back to defaults (it wont touch other users, though). You'll have to rerecord your opening greeting or go fish it out of the STM files colleciton first.

2. Get in with DOHPropTest and reassign an account to the administrator COS, and get in using their account.

Option 2 would be preferable but you'll need someone from TAC to get in there with a password to do this. You'll need pcANYWHERE access for this...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

Or, pull out your old unity 2.2 Cd and got the dohproptest.exe that does not have a password. :) Changing the cos was very easy and very effective. Thanks.

Not applicable

be careful with that! Lots of new properties were added between 2.2 and 2.4... you could easily misstep and save a collection that would wipe out something like AVP_SYTEM_ID (which was not present in 2.2) on a location object and essentially wipe out your entire system in one shot... Be afraid.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: