cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access, using SRP/DPT.

desmaraisj
Level 1
Level 1

I'm interested in providing optic access to customers in a relatively small (physically) ring, however ONS kit is far too big for the average customer needs.

The scenario is an optic ring that links customer sites (all in the same business park) to our POP, also in the business park. We own the fibre and unlit is the most cost efficient.

For IP access, DPT seems the ticket. What would I use as CPE, a 7200VXR may be overkill.

3 Replies 3

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

I think you’re right. A 7200VXR is probably too much for your application. Is that what is your design team is recommending?

scommon
Level 1
Level 1

I am quite interested in an answer as well. The big problem I see is the cost of a 7200 with a DPT card. What are the bandwidth requirements at each of the drops? It will be interesting to see if there is an affordable ring technology for "small" scale users.

lcsaszar
Level 1
Level 1

As you mentioned SRP, I guess protection and effective bandwidth utilization is of primary importance in your environment. Another important factor may be the future bandwidth demand. A customer who needs today E1 connection requires STM-1 very easily in one year or two. A cost-effective, expandable, flexible solution is the Cisco ONS-15200 Metro DWDM product. Here you find more about it:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/olpl/metro/15200/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: