jonathantee Wed, 08/01/2001 - 05:24
User Badges:

Installation can be fun, depending who you get from Cisco to assist. Would highly recomend attending the training first (product and administration)

Our production environment has been in place for almost a year now, mainly for cti enabled applications and reporting information, we have just started to trial call routing and control (post route)

tacella Fri, 09/07/2001 - 09:47
User Badges:

I recommend that you stay away from ICM 4.5 until at least service pack 1. We installed it in our lab and everything went pretty smooth. We installed it in our production environment and all hell broke loose. Since we have upgraded to 4.5 Cisco has written (4) hotfixes designed specifically to fix bugs related to 4.5. We are still experiencing database problems (SQL 6.5) on our Loggers and AW's as well as network security issues within our domain. As far as the upgrade documentation goes, I have talked to Cisco's 3rd level engineers who contradict most of these documented processes. I would suggest you hire Cisco to do the whole thing for you. As far as support for this beta test, er I mean upgrade, Cisco was fabulous in supporting and resolving our issues in a timely manner. Once you get all the bugs worked out and fine tune it you will LOVE 4.5!

Tom

Actions

This Discussion