cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Button Issue

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

We have a site that is complaining about an issue with the message button. Randomly, when they press the message button, the call goes to the AA instead of their VM box. I get a complaint regarding this about once or twice a month. The issue got really bad today. Only one user could be in VM at a time. I had them reset all of the ports, but the second caller always goes to AA. The ports work, but we can't figure out why the second caller hits the AA handler and not the VM box associated with that phone. Any ideas?<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>E<br><br>

12 Replies 12

Not applicable

What you are describing was a known issue with an older version of the TSP. What happens is that when the first Unity port has an active call, and another direct call is placed into Unity, direct call integration failed.

What is the version of Unity and TSP? Please try to always include that info as we can give quicker answers that way.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Hi, I am working with Ethan on this adn am at the customer site now. We are using Unity version 2.4.6.102, but how can we find out the TSP version? We are looking around for it but not having any luck.
thanks.

To get the TSP version you need to right click on the avskinny.tsp file in your system32 directory and go to properties. Then click the version tab. It should be 1.0.0.something.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

thanks, we've got it. It is TSP version 1.0.0.28. We've just downloaded version 1.0.0.32 and were going to install that? What do you think? A good idea?
Also we are running Unity version 2.4.6.102. Should we upgrade it also?
h.

Not applicable

TSP 28 does contain the problem that you describe. TSP 32 will rememdy that issue. Is Unity configured for G.729 support?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

hi, I am not really sure what you mean, but the dial peers to Call Manager on the router are set to codec g711ulaw.

Oh yeah, by the way, the Unity server itself it running really slowly. It is a Pentium III 500 with 512M of memory. The CPU usage spikes up to 100 a lot. The reason I am mentioning this is because there are long delays between the voicemail prompts. The dial by name is very s l o w ....
thanks again!
heather.

Not applicable

By G.729 support, I mean that by default, Unity supports G.711 codec. G.729 can be added. Has it been added?

About the slowdown, that's a pretty big "by the way" ; )

When the CPU spikes, what process is gobbling up the CPU time? How many Unity users are on the system? This might be an issue for TAC.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Hi there again. I was going to add the G.720 entry to the dial-peer configuration on the router, but just wanted to ask... What does adding this do for me exactly? I guess I am just not sure if it is necessary, and if it will superceed the g.711 codec entry I have now?
thanks again,
heather

Not applicable

Do not enter that. If that dial-peer services Unity, calls will not work. For an explanation of dial-peer characteristics like codecs, please visit CCO.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

I will add G.729 to the router config. now, thanks very much!

Sorry about the by the way thing... The process that is taking up all of the CPU usage is AvGaenSvr.exe There are 35 users with access to Unity, and there are 4 uOne ports setup.

Any other thoughts??

Thanks again, I really appreciate this,
heather.

Not applicable

The GAEN server should not be enabled on your box (it's not by default... did you turn it on by setting the service to start?). In 2.4.x GAEN had some serious trouble so we disabled it out of the box (it's fixed and flying right in 3.0). It had several problems that would cause the CPU to spike to 100, sometimes not ever letting it go. Definitely disable the service in the SCM ASAP.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Thanks a lot, we diabled that service and things started to run much more quickly, right away!

heather.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: