cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Want voicemail recorded on final call forward to Unity

randerso
Level 1
Level 1

CallManager v3.0(10) and Unity 2.4.6.102. Unity attempts to record a message on the mailbox from the "dialed" local. The customer would prefer that the mailbox at the final local in a call transfer sequence would accept a message. e.g. incoming call to "1000" is call forwarded to "2000" if that person is not available then Unity records the message in the "1000" mailbox. The customer would like the "2000" mailbox to accept the message. This is called Express Messaging in Meridian Mail. Any idea how to make Unity emulate this behaviour? Many thanks!

3 Replies 3

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's not a Unity thing, it's a CallManager thing.

When CallManager first handles a call for a DN, if it ever forwards the call to your voicemail system (in this case, Unity) then the original called number is sent as the mailbox greeting to play. This is true even if there are intermediate forward hops between the original call and the forward to VM.

Now you can certainly setup Call Handlers or Caller Input rules for example in the Unity system to handle situations like this, but there is no way to exactly emulate the behavior you are talking about explicitly... it can only be accomplished by "working around" the behavior by making rules for it.

Thanks Dave, this is what I was thinking as well. I will look into the customer's business practices and see if we can change things.

Thought I would answer my own question. CallManager v3.1(1) now has a field on the phone line on what voicemail box you would like associated with the line. If blank, then the directory number is the default. Could be useful to have a common mailbox for several people (e.g. tech support). I tried it and it works!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: