cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

time leaving a voice mail

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Users are complaining of being dropped while leaving a voicemail or will be cut off asking them to to send a message, press 1, to listen to your message, press 3, to re-record your message press 4" ......none of these options work. We have the mailboxes set to record up to 300s of a message, but it will either drop you or ask you the aforementioned question in a bout 100s. What can be done about this?<br><br><br>

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Sounds to me like your getting one-way voice to the Unity server. Does this happen from IP phone to Unity and PSTN to Unity? Do you have 2 NICs in the Unity?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

If we call across the IPWAN to the Unity server, it takes about 5-6 s before it asks you the finishing questions. If you press 3 to hear your message, you hear nothing. If you login as the subscriber to hear the voice-mail you hear nothing. I think it is one-way voice when leaving a message. However, If we call across the IPWAN to the phone and someone picks up, we have two-way conversation.
If we call within the LAN to the Unity it takes about 10s of Voice mail before asking you the finishing question. If you press 3, you can hear the voice mail you are about to leave. If you press 5 to add on to the message, it will let you. Don't think it is supposed to work this way. If you login as the Subscriber, you can retrieve the Voicemail. The subscriber mailbox is set to receive 300s per message.
If I call in from the PSTN, it allows anywhere from 100s to 300s worth of message, then it will ask you to press 1 to send, 2 to rerecord, 3 to hear the message and 5 to add on.
The answer to the last question, we only have one nic in that box.

Not applicable

If we call across the IPWAN to the Unity server, it takes about 5-6 s before it asks you the finishing questions. If you press 3 to hear your message, you hear nothing. If you login as the subscriber to hear the voice-mail you hear nothing. I think it is one-way voice when leaving a message. However, If we call across the IPWAN to the phone and someone picks up, we have two-way conversation.
If we call within the LAN to the Unity it takes about 10s of Voice mail before asking you the finishing question. If you press 3, you can hear the voice mail you are about to leave. If you press 5 to add on to the message, it will let you. Don't think it is supposed to work this way. If you login as the Subscriber, you can retrieve the Voicemail. The subscriber mailbox is set to receive 300s per message.
If I call in from the PSTN, it allows anywhere from 100s to 300s worth of message, then it will ask you to press 1 to send, 2 to rerecord, 3 to hear the message and 5 to add on.
The answer to the last question, we only have one nic in that box.
We are currently using Unity 2.4.6.102 with AvCiscoTSP with a creation date of Feb, 2001.

gsidhu
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I've got a similar query - this is for Unity Connection 7.1.5

Customer is complaining that after usually after about 30 seconds (sometimes longer up to 1 minute) the caller gets interrupted with the unity prompt 'To send this message press 1, to play your message press 2,.....to add to it press 5. For both internal and external/PSTN  calls. (The configuration for the message settings are at the default for example the maximum message length for all of the users is 300 seconds and this is the value configured for the user template and COS.

This 'interruption' gives the caller the impression that the maximum length of the message is 30 seconds.

I checked with another Unity Connection server running version 7.0.2 and got the same result so I believe this is normal behaviour.

Does anybody know how this 'interruption' be increased to say 3 minutes or longer?

I changed the 'Recording Termination Warning Time in Milliseconds' parameter to 0 but this made no difference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: