cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Event viewer "perflib" related messages.

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

W2K SP 1<br>Exch 5.5 SP 4<br>CM 3.09<br>UM 2.4.6.126<br><br>Receive the following messages (in order) in the event viewer upon each reboot:<br><br>Event Type: Warning<br>Event Source: Perflib<br>Event Category: None<br>Event ID: 2003<br>Date: 9/13/2001<br>Time: 10:01:18 AM<br>User: N/A<br>Computer: BRUUM01<br>Description:<br>The configuration information of the performance library "C:\WINNT\system32\aspperf.dll" for the "ASP" service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted. <br><br><br>Event Type: Warning<br>Event Source: Perflib<br>Event Category: None<br>Event ID: 2003<br>Date: 9/13/2001<br>Time: 10:01:18 AM<br>User: N/A<br>Computer: BRUUM01<br>Description:<br>The configuration information of the performance library "C:\WINNT\system32\infoctrs.dll" for the "InetInfo" service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted. <br><br><br>Event Type: Warning<br>Event Source: Perflib<br>Event Category: None<br>Event ID: 1016<br>Date: 9/13/2001<br>Time: 10:01:18 AM<br>User: N/A<br>Computer: BRUUM01<br>Description:<br>The data buffer created for the "MSExchangeDS" service in the "C:\EXCHSRVR\bin\perfdsa.dll" library is not aligned on an 8-byte boundary. This may cause problems for applications that are trying to read the performance data buffer. Contact the manufacturer of this library or service to have this problem corrected or to get a newer version of this library. <br>Data:<br>0000: 0c d2 b8 03 b4 03 00 00 .Ò¸.´...<br><br><br>Event Type: Warning<br>Event Source: Perflib<br>Event Category: None<br>Event ID: 1016<br>Date: 9/13/2001<br>Time: 10:01:18 AM<br>User: N/A<br>Computer: BRUUM01<br>Description:<br>The data buffer created for the "MSExchangeWEB" service in the "C:\exchsrvr\bin\ewsperf.dll" library is not aligned on an 8-byte boundary. This may cause problems for applications that are trying to read the performance data buffer. Contact the manufacturer of this library or service to have this problem corrected or to get a newer version of this library. <br>Data:<br>0000: 34 d3 b8 03 f4 00 00 00 4Ó¸.ô...<br><br>Any ideas?<br><br>

10 Replies 10

Not applicable

Since the response efers to re-installing pieces of an integrated system, what pieces are recommended to re-install?

Which application re-install would fix the "infoctrs.dll" and the "aspperf.dll" errors? They seem to be either Exchange or IIS related . . . and if I re-install what will be the preferred order and what other applications will be impacted?

I realize this is a very loaded question, but I don't want to cause instabilities elsewhere, since everything on a UM box is so tightly dependent on each other . . .

Not applicable

I agree it looks like IIS and Exchange are your culprits. Performance counters for those apps get registered when the software is installed. Something has corrupted the DLL's or registry entries so that they no longer match up properly. Make sure you are running the latest service packs and hotfixes for Exchange and IIS. Scan for viruses if possible.

You can probably get away with removing and reinstalling & immediately patching IIS (then upgrading Unity 'over the top of itself'), but I doubt you could do that with Exchange. Might be worthwhile to see if Exchange can be upgraded (re-installed without uninstalling) or re-apply the service pack.

Since it looks like Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft IIS are at fault here, it might be worth checking into Microsoft support or forums for more guidance.

There is not a procedure for doing partial reinstalls, so your most stable method to repair the installation is to use Jeff's Export, Uninstall, and Import utilities to rebuild the system from scratch. Performance counters are usually not something to get terribly worried about, but any form of operating system instability/corruption is cause for concern. It would be a good idea to scan the hard drive surface for defects as well.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

Not what I wanted to hear, but it is the answer I was expecting.

I'll use his utility and rebuild from 0.

Not applicable

How does Bug ID CSCae07960 apply to this error message?

Similar or completely different?

Not applicable

That's an unrelated issue (although at first I thought that's what your problem might have been).

With that problem you'd get something more like:
avPerfMonitor: thread (0x3CA) Loop Failure (0x80040200) in averager with hash string (S00000001)

Unity, Call Manager, Exchange, IIS, and most other software designed for NT/2000 will install performance counters; the errors you were getting indicated a mismatch between the registry entries for the counters and the DLL's that are used to run them. I haven't seen this happen before, so I'm not sure how severe the impact would be. But it doesn't sound like a very good thing to have happen, since it could be a symptom of a greater problem. There might be some information about this on Microsoft's web site or any number of Windows related forums.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

Seek and ye shall find . . . see http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;q267831.

Don't know how I got the error (based on the info in Q267831), but "This problem was first corrected in Windows 2000 Service Pack 2." and I'm running SP1. What are the approved SP's for Exchange, Unity and IIS on a Unity 2.4.6.126 box?

Not applicable

For Windows 2000 you can (and probably should) be running SP2.

For Exchange, you MUST be running SP4 with Unity 2.4.6

For IIS, you should be running at least MS01-044 hotfix to protect from the Code Red / Code Blue threat.

In reply to:

What are the approved SP's for Exchange, Unity and IIS on a Unity 2.4.6.126 box?

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

What order should the SP's be applied?

1. SP4, SP2.
2. SP2, SP4.
3. SP2, SP4, SP2.

The only reason I ask is due to yet another Microsoft anomaly mentioned in Q263112, of which I happen to be experiencing. It was a problem to have been fixed in SP4, but mine is still occurring . . .

Not applicable

Re-applied SP4, but Q263112 still occurring.

Will try SP2.

Thanks,
David.

Not applicable

From MSKB article Q226494

Event ID: 2003 Only available on Windows 2000
Detail Text:The configuration information of the performance library (DLL name) for the (service name) service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.

Interpretation: If the "Library Validation Code" value exists for the named service in the Performance subkey, the data is checked against the file creation time and the file size of the named DLL. This error is posted if they do not match. If the error occurs, it may be corrected by removing and reinstalling the named service.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: