Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Unity Forwards Call to AA instead of User Mailbox

Unanswered Question
Sep 20th, 2001
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

I have a customer who is still experiencing problems with Unity 2.4.6: <br><br>The calling party is sent to the Unity Auto Attendant (default system greeting) instead of the called party's greeting. If you type in the extension of the user at the AA prompt, you will get their greeting and if you leave a message it will light the light. So, MWI seem to work, but it seems Unity doesn't receive or it ignores the forwarding info to be able to place the call into the personal greeting. This is also true if the internal users just hit the "Messages" button on their IP phones.<br><br>I received some suggestions to fix this by editing some of the INI files, but that didn't seem to help. I was<br>just reading troubleshooting info on TAC and came across a reference that when you do the "integration" you end up with the AV-TSP listed under settings, phone/modem, advanced. It is not there. If you launch the<br>utility separately to make changes it seems to be there. Could this be it? If so, how can I fix it? I've also tried the integration type as both TAPI and NONE, to no avail.<br><br>This has been on ongoing problem for nearly four months. The customer is willing to purchase Unity 3.0 if that would solve the problem. Can anyone point me to a download? I need to get this solved quickly. <br><br>Thank you,<br><br>Kevin Tucker<br><br>

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/20/2001 - 02:02
User Badges:

Run CallVeiwer.exe and place a direct call into Unity. Does the calling party show up? If it does, you don't have to worry about switch file and key settings. If it doesn't show up, check the event log for a MIU error when Unity starts up...there should be one there if the CallViewer is not showing info. The fact that MWI works leads me to believe that the switch file/key stuff is correct.

If the call viewer does show info, have they made any changes to the Unity routing rules? Does the calling party in the CallViewer match a valid subscriber DTMF id?

One piece of missing infomartion is the TSP version. Another is the exact build of Unity. However, I can tell you that there are plenty of people out there that have simple integration like this working in 2.4.6.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Actions

This Discussion