Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC integration with Web Collaboration

binhuang
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have some problems about IPCC integration with Web collaboration. Can anyone give me suggestions?

1- How to integrate IPCC with Web Collaboration? (If ICM 4.6 is used in IPCC)

2- If only the future version of IPCC can support web collaboration integration, when will it be launched?

3- ICM and Web Collaboration can be integrated using Cisco ICM Web Option (Including Cisco Media Blender4.0, Cisco Trailhead 4.0, Collaboration Server3.01, ICM 4.1.4), Does this method only support ICM and traditional PBX/ACD, not IPCC?

Many thanks

Huang Bin

6 Replies 6

mhshahzad
Level 1
Level 1

I was told by Cisco that ICM 5.0 would support the web collaboration which is due in December 2001.

Shahzad

jesreed
Level 1
Level 1

Huang,

VISTA IT, a professional services partner of Cisco, has intellectual property that enables the integration of Voice, Web, Email, and Video interaction channels within Cisco IPCC (current version). This integration enables a blended agent environment. -->www.vistait.com

Jesse

chrisk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Huang,

As an intermediate step before the release of Cisco's fully integrated multi-channel contact center offering (ICM 5.0), the existing ICM "Web Option" offering has been updated to provide support for IPCC customers to integrate Cisco's Collaboration Server products and the IPCC for skills-based routing and IP call delivery.

The "Web Option for IPCC" was developed and tested with the following product versions:

Cisco Collaboration Server 4.0

Cisco Intelligent Contact Management 4.5

Cisco Trailhead 4.0

Cisco CallManager 3.0

(Testing was also done with ICM 4.1.5; however the recommendation would be to use the current "GA" version of ICM, which is 4.5)

This option is available now as a "services offering" from the Cisco Professional Services Organization. You can read more about this offering on the Partner Connection at:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/partner/icsg/service/icm_woption.html

Thanks,

-Chris Klardie

BCG CA/Client Services Manager - Cisco Systems

Chris,

Thank you very for your information. May I ask more questions?

(1) Cisco ICM Web Option with IPCC can support ICM 4.5. I aslo want to know if it can support ICM 4.6 now.

(2)If I use Cisco ICM Web Option in current IPCC, can it be migrated forward to integrate with the future ICM release version 5?

Many Thanks

Huang Bin

You are welcome...

ICM 4.6(1) has not yet been released for IPCC yet, but in my labs we are testing 4.6 with Web Option as part of the IP Contact Center Bundle offering. Although the tests are not complete, the smoke test looks good and we do not expect any issues with the move to ICM 4.6.(1)

There is no planned "standard" migration from ICM Web Option for IPCC into ICM 5.0. ICM 5.0 changes the way all of the products work and there would have to be a custom upgrade/migration plan crafted for the individual customer to bring the various products up to the "5.0" releases of the products and setting up the new "Media Routing" functions for customers who want to migrate to the full "universal queue" across all the platforms.

Thanks,

-Chris Klardie, BCG CA/Client Services

Hi Chris,

Do we really need to migrate to ICM V5.0 in order to be supported by Cisco on Windows 2000 using Microsoft SQL 2000?

And, where can I find detailed information regarding the differences between ICM 4.6.2 & 5.0?

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: