Views
Helpful
Replies

Older Novell PC Clients timing out when connected to 7910 w/ switch

g-paulson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Interesting issue where a PC connected directly to a 3500 (portfast enabled on interface) has no issue with Novell client logging onto network. Same PC, same software, but plugged into a 7910 with the 7910 plugged into same port will NOT display Novell login screen. Upgrading to newer Novell client resolves the issue but means added time and expense to installation.

Any ideas?

gp

3 Replies 3

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the 7910 Network Configuration do you have the setting called Forwarding Delay set to No? If not, please try that, reset the phone, reboot the PC, and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for the response. Is there a global parameter to set forwarding delay for all phones? I know I can change on a per phone basis, and I realize the danger of enabling globally, but I wonder if there is a Call Manager service parameter to set it globally. The IP Phone admin guide implies that there is, although I think it may be incorrect. (see Forwarding Delay, http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/ip_7960/admguide/7900set2.htm )

Thanks

gp

Was this the fix then for the Novell client not being able to login? Just curious.

No, I don't see a way to set this on a number of phones - even through BAT4.2. I don't know of a global parameter to set the default for this, but the default in 3.1 has always been NO as far as I have seen.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: