cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRC errors

jdorminey
Level 1
Level 1

I T1 coming into a 2501 router through a Adtran DSU. I am seeing a small number of CRC errors (9 errors 3 million input packets). How concerned should I be about this? I have recently replaced both the DSU and the cable running from the DSU to the router and am still seeing a few errors.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

lberdick
Level 1
Level 1

I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless you see a performance or corruption problem.

j.way
Level 1
Level 1

That's really nothing to worry about at all. However, keep an eye on it to see if there is any true degredation down the line. If possible try testing the connection end to end as well. Again, it's no biggie.

svermill
Level 4
Level 4

CRC errors are a pretty generic indicator when it comes to a WAN connection. This could be bit errors on the telco connection (nothing to get to excited about) or it could be a result of timing slips (much more serious). Also, 9 errors in 3 million packets over 24 hours is much less serious than the same 9 errors in the same 3 million packets over 24 minutes. I would test the line if you have any test equipment and pay attention to timing as well as errors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: