jimmy.c
Level 1
Level 1

Setup:

Unity 2.4.6.102 TSP 1.0.0.28

Call Manager 3.0(9)

Exchange 5.5 SP4

All W2K servers

I have setup Unity as a Unified Messaging Server. I have given some users unified messaging and others just voicemail. All users have Exchange accounts. Is there any way for a voicemail only user to receive voicemail indication on their phone only? Right now, voicemail users receive a email from the Unity server stating they have voicemail along with their MWI lighting up. This is confusing some users who don't have viewmail on their pc's. I don't want voicemail only user's to have access via email to check their voicemails. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmy

3 Replies 3

mysterx
Level 1
Level 1

With Unified messaging, Unity will store the voicemail message in the same message store as the subscriber's email messages. If you want to defeat the purpose of Unified messaging, you can create a separate Exchange alias for voice mail vs. email. This way there are two message stores instead of a single, unified message store.

darin.sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into this with another client, who had over 200 voicemail only boxes. We created mailboxes on the Unity Server and gave them a extention. Then we hid the mailbox from the address book so users did not email them. They have been happy with that.

Darin

Darin,

Thanks for the post! So did these users already have NT accounts with Exchange accounts? If so, did they still receive an email from the Unity email account and did their MWI light up? I just want the users to have their phones light up when they get a voicemail. Most of my users have Exchange accounts existing.

Jimmy

jimmyc@belkin.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: