cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Don't get voice mail from phones not associated

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have just set up Unity 2.4.6 on Win2k with Exchange 5.5 and Call Manager 3.08 on a ICS 7750. Everything seems to be working great except that I can not leave a message for someone from a phone that is not associated with a unity mailbox. When I make a call from one of these phones, unity answeres the way it is supposed to and I get to leave the message, but the message is never sent to the mailbox (phone or email). I have tried it from multiple phones and the result is the same. When I try it from a phone that is associated with a user - everything works great.<br><br>Any ideas what I could have missed? I have looked through everything.<br><br>Thanks<br>Steve<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

When messages can't be sent on behalf of another subscriber, Unity will use the Unity Messaging System account to send the message. The alias is UNITY_ in Exchange. Check to see if this account has any sending limits, or if it has been hidden or deleted from the GAL.

Most messages that can't be delivered end up in the Unaddressed Messages distribution list. By default, only Example Admin is in this group. Either add another account to this group and test, or else log in to Outlook as Example Admin and see if your messages are ending up there with any kind of explanation as for why.

Also check your event log to see if there are any errors there to shed some light on the issue.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

I have 2 error messages in the event log:

The first is:
DCOM got error "Class not registered " from the computer 10.0.1.21 when attempting to activate the server:
{60EB7702-6A7A-11D1-8029-00C04FAD610B}

My comment - 10.0.1.21 is one of our domain controllers

And the second is:
An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 16, NT/MTA error code: 1722. Comms error 1722, Bind error 1722, Remote Server Name ADTEXCH [MAIN BASE 1 500 ] (14)

My comment - ADTEXCH is the name of our existing Exchange Server and the Unity is installed on ADT-VM1 on top of exchage

There is an account called UNITY - ADT-VM1 and it is enabled. I may have changed some of the settings for this account regarding Unity, Is there anything that needs to be set up a particular way for it to work properly?

Not applicable

We have the same problem, what was the resolution?

(pvanraay@cisco.com)

Not applicable

I found that there were actually two Unity accounts in Exchange. I think I created the one I passed on to you. There is another one that has the alia Unity_ADT-VM1. That one is associated with the Unity system account. However, I can not create a Unity account tieing to that email. It does not show up in the list when I choose import existing Exchange user. Is there any way to fix this or do I need to reinstall Unity?

Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: