Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 350 Workgroup Bridge with Nokia AP

rsimhamb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to associate a 350 workgroup bridge with a Nokia access point (A032, I believe - ISP's AP). The association works immediately but I cannot get out to the internet. The ISP provided me with a Zcomax radio (XWL450) that associates immediately and allows me to get to the internet. the questions I have are:

- Is the bridge 802.11B compliant?

- Will the bridge allow me to select the radio channell?

- What are the the non-802.11b compliant features on the bridge that I can turn off or that I *NEED* to turn off in order for this to work?

- Does the IP address of the bridge have to be a public routable static address or can it be an internal address like 192.168.x.x?

Please help! I am pretty new to this stuff but am really keen on learning and on using the Cisco.

Thanks,

Ravi

3 Replies 3

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

How do you have all of this hooked up? What are you trying to accomplish?

Your ISP has a access point, you have a workgroup bridge that connects to the ISP's access point. You are connecting to your bridge via ? a wireless nic or is the bridge connect to a small hub or switch?

The ISP has a Nokia A032 AP at their end. I am trying to use the cisco bridge to connect. It associates but that's it - no internet. I successfully associated the sam bridge with a linksys wap11 and got through to the internet. The ISP tells me that the Nokia AP is running an old firmware that may be the cause of the problem. The bridge is connected to a hub.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card