Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 5505 boot problem

I have a Supervisor III NFFC, Catalyst 5505 with no bootable image in Flash. I also don't have a PCMCIA Flashcard. I cannot find anything on the Cisco website to help me tftp an image from rommon. Can anyone help me ???

thanks

3 Replies 3

svermill
Level 4
Level 4

The below link suggests that you cannot tftp an image from ROM. You possibly can do a console download (instructions in the link, about half way down). Note the requiment that you be running ROM monitor version 5.1(1)or later. Otherwise, without PCMCIA, you have to replace the supervisor!

Good luck,

Scott

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/26.html

how do i discover what ROM monitor i am running?

If the rommon is not 5.1(1) can I get a pcmcia flash card to boot it? Replacing the supervisor is not an option!

I don't have a 5500 laying around. I believe that the version should be displayed at startup. The only procedure I could find on CCO involved booting the switch and doing a 'show version.' Obviously, that is not an option for you.

As for upgrading the ROM, I think you have to physically change the ROM chip out. You may just need to find a PCMCIA with a good image. Or just try the console download and see how it goes?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: