Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Blocking incoming call

Unanswered Question
Oct 18th, 2001
User Badges:

Does anybody know how to block incoming calls? I want to block incoming calls to one of the extention to only few numbers but can make outside calls without any problem.

Any ideas?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dgoodwin Thu, 10/18/2001 - 14:04
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

The easiest way to do this is to use Partitions and Calling Search Spaces. Put the phone line(s) that you don't want to be callable in a Partition. Then make sure that the Calling Search Space available to the gateway for incoming calls does not have access to that partition. If you aren't familiar with this, a good document to read on the subject is here:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/part_css_tn.html

tim.medley Thu, 10/18/2001 - 17:39
User Badges:

It sounds like you are talking aboutblocking a couple of specific numbers from calling an extension. Such as blocking calls from 803-555-1212 and 716-555-1212 from calling inbound to a specofoc 7060 phone.

I have been trying to come up with a way to do this for months with no luck. I have a user who's ex-husband keeps calling and harassing her and she wants me to block inbound calls from her ex-husbands home and cell numbers to her 7960 IP Phone.

Tim Medley CCNP+Voice

Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

dgoodwin Thu, 10/18/2001 - 18:14
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

You could do this with Personal Assistant (the full blown version, not the Directory Dialer) since call routing rules can be built based on caller ID.

Also I think you could do this with CRA (aka IP/IVR).

Actions

This Discussion