cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking incoming call

hachul.jun
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know how to block incoming calls? I want to block incoming calls to one of the extention to only few numbers but can make outside calls without any problem.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The easiest way to do this is to use Partitions and Calling Search Spaces. Put the phone line(s) that you don't want to be callable in a Partition. Then make sure that the Calling Search Space available to the gateway for incoming calls does not have access to that partition. If you aren't familiar with this, a good document to read on the subject is here:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/part_css_tn.html

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

It sounds like you are talking aboutblocking a couple of specific numbers from calling an extension. Such as blocking calls from 803-555-1212 and 716-555-1212 from calling inbound to a specofoc 7060 phone.

I have been trying to come up with a way to do this for months with no luck. I have a user who's ex-husband keeps calling and harassing her and she wants me to block inbound calls from her ex-husbands home and cell numbers to her 7960 IP Phone.

Tim Medley CCNP+Voice

Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

You could do this with Personal Assistant (the full blown version, not the Directory Dialer) since call routing rules can be built based on caller ID.

Also I think you could do this with CRA (aka IP/IVR).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: