Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

CISCO3640-VOIP-Install-using Bridging-single subnet

Unanswered Question
Oct 23rd, 2001
User Badges:

I have a request for 2 3640 ,to be connected via Les10(Lan extension) TO REMOTE SITE.both sites have PABX which need to be connected via E&M ccts.

my problem is 10meg bandwidth is o.k,but the customer wants to keep one single subnet ,both sites.Therefore I need to bridge .But how is qos of voice is going to be implemented.?

also both site have extension fed via main office,so whow will the dial peer be implemented?

Thanks

Sam

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dgoodwin Tue, 10/23/2001 - 20:33
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

In order for VoIP to work, ip routing must be enabled on the router.

If the LAN extension is really plain 10Mbps ethernet and you just want a single VLAN then why not connect the sites with a switch at either end. And connect the 3640 to the switch at each side.

SAM ANANDARAJAH Tue, 10/23/2001 - 22:51
User Badges:

Dave,

I have no control over ,what customer has now,but my aim is to provide the voip using 3640-.les10 ccts.

yes,I agree but sales have been done with cisco 3640,and I am pulling my hair over this issue.

question ,can I not define new ip addressing between two sites and then add the one subnet as secondary on both side of the ethernet,then CAN I USE Routing,to route between sites so qos can be done .

suppose if I connect the les10 to switch,and what is the purpose of Cisco 3640?

Thanks

Sam

Actions

This Discussion