cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you add another outside ip network

lloyd
Level 1
Level 1

My ISP has given me another (seperate) set of ip addresses. Can someone point me to the correct documents on how to add the range to my 2621 -

3 Replies 3

hvn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

If yr 2621 have two ethernet ports u can allot the an ip from the new pool to the ethernet and route the packets to the respective devices in yr LAN.Just that yr ISP has to put a static route for the new set of ip's.

ip route 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 s1(Serial port)

If u don't have two ethernet ports u can put the new set of ip's as secondary in the same ethernet port and rest as in the previous case.

gwoodyard
Level 1
Level 1

Lloyd,

A 2621 has 2 Fast ethernet ports. If both are used then you can add the new subnet as a secondary ip address to one of the interfaces.

Example:

assume that 34.22.1.1 is the original

Interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 35.22.1.1 255.255.255.224

ip address 35.36.21.129 255.255.255.192 secondary

configure a workstation with an address from the new range and 35.36.21.129 as the default gateway.

If your router is configured to use NAT then you will need to create a new NAT pool or save the new subnet for Static NATS and Port overload (PAT) on the original.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply - I had already done that and it didn't work -

Found out that it was the ISP. The ISP was routing to another of my locations.

This was the first time I was adding a non-continuous network to my router - was not given the usual detail sheet - need to apply the mantra "remain calm"...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco