Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video freezes

Windows 98

IP/TV 3.0

When watching a video the video starts dropping frames on the client side. The symptoms are similar to a machine that cannot process the video fast enough. The machine more than meets specs though. 866proc/256ram. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

zabriskis
Level 1
Level 1

Possibly the machine buffer is running out of packets. This can be caused by excessive lost packets and/or lattency on the network links. Is it on a WAN link? If so look at distributing the video (if on demand) out to the edge. IP/TV servers support that.

Its a gigabit network. The network side looks okay, PDU's lost is not excessive nor does it correspond to the jerky video. TAC engineer suggests it's a problem with the client.

johge
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue and discovered, with the help of TAC, that I neede to lower my frame rate from 384 to 300 on my MCU service profile. My ISDN gateway folks had no problem with each other untill they hit the MCU then the "freezing" began.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: