cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NT login script across PIX VPN?

t-perkins
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a PIX 515 configured with VPN and am using the 3.1 VPN client to access it. I figured out how to set the WINS, DNS, default domain and everything works great (to a point). The client comes up before the login, it connects, I log into the domain and don't get a login script. Everything else works great. I can open Outlook, map drives, use User/Server manager, use VNC. I just can't get that script to run. Am I doing something wrong or it is just not going to run the script over the VPN connection? Any help would be much appreciated.

6 Replies 6

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

hhernandez
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue but my client is a WIN2K pro machine and I have a Cisco VPN Con box. The client is using the MS Windows VPN client. Did you ever get an answer to this?

Please Help.

NetTech24
Level 1
Level 1

Are you restricting the running of the script to particular subnets?

No, I'm not. I did find out what was wrong. It's got something to with not letting Windows finish loading all of it's network components when the computer first starts up. If I wait 60 seconds and then log in, the script runs. With a XPPro workstation, it will tell me that it's not finished loading everything (and not let me try and make a VPN connection).

What VPN hardware are you using? I'm experiencing the same problems and would love to get some further info on it. I waiting for the network resources to finish loading but to no avail yet.

Thanks!

Like I said in my original post, I'm running a PIX 515 configured with VPN (3DES) and am using the 3.1 VPN client to access it.

What OS are you running the client on?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: