cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515/NetMeeting.

mlayman
Level 1
Level 1

I want to be able to send and receive video using NetMeeting through my PIX 515 firewall. What do I need to do/what ports do I need to open to make this work? This should be a simple config, I don't want to keep anyone on the inside interface from sending or receiving via NetMeeting. I tried opening up ports 1720 and 1503, but still can't get it to work. Any ideas? Thanks!

Mark

3 Replies 3

elaird
Level 1
Level 1

Netmeeting uses H.323

Make sure you have

fixup protocol h323 1720

and add

conduit permit tcp any eq h323 any

Worked perfectly for us,

however H.323 uses TCP and UDP ports above 1024 and this config dynamically opens the ports based on the calls.

I was concerned about opening up those ports about 1024. Doesn't an organization open themselves up to a certain extent by enabling those ports so H.323 will work?

Mark

Hello,

I am having a similar situation. I am running Polycom H.323 behinde PIX 525. We can establish a call and we recive voice and video, but connection times out after an hour or so. We've done all kinds of tests. Any ideas?

Alex Khramov

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card