cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallHandler Extention Not Working

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

CCM3.1<br>Unity 3.0(1)<br>TSP 3.0.0.2<br><br>I am trying to call transfer directly to a CallHandler. It is not working. I give the CallHandler the extension 127xxxx and when I try to Call Transfer this from an IP Phone I get the Opening Greeting. <br><br>I have tested by associating a subscriber to the same extension number that the CallHandler was set up as. When I attempt transfer to this extension, it works.<br><br>Is there a bug related to this.<br><br>Thanks.<br><br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

There's no bug associated with this at the time... this is usually a configuration issue. The thing that most commonly trips folks up is that call handlers have 3 transfer rules but subscribers have only one.

As a test set the alternate transfer rule to active (which over rides the standard and off hours rules), set it's transfer string up as you want it and try it then.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I just spoke with a TAC engineer and he indicated that there is a problem with call transfer with call handlers and Unity 3.0.

The fix that I used was adding a call routing rule. I added the Called Number (DNIS) to be the extension that I had configured within the Optional Extension for the Call Handler. I then configured the Send Call to.. The call handler that I was trying to get to. It worked

Thanks.

ah... you didn't mean call transfer, you meant call routing. I thought you were trying to get the call handler to dial a phone number and it want dumping you to the greeting instead.

yeah, I think there are a couple bugs related to alternate extension numbers for lookups (from the SA and from the conversation) that are being worked on.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)