Errors in communication between Sensor->director

Unanswered Question
Nov 5th, 2001
User Badges:

All,

I have quite a strange situation here, and it is has me rather puzzled. I have a single NR Director (2.2.1) on OV 6.1/Solaris with 6 sensors, 4 of them being remote, paired 2 each at 2 remote sites. I have communication with 3 of the remote sensors, but one of them fails. The sensors are 2.5. I have rebuilt the troublesome sensor, with no results. Occasionally, a reboot of the director will yeild positive results, and communication will be re-established for a period of time, but eventually lost.

When I do a status on the failed sensor, it shows the daemons are not running, but there is still logical connectivity (ping). Any ideas?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
kleem Mon, 11/05/2001 - 08:05
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

If you have not already, please download the 2.2.1.1 PostOffice patch from CCO and apply it to the Director. This will prevent a known error.

Please email me ([email protected]) a tarball of the contents of the /usr/nr/etc directory from the Sensor that is failing, the output of nrconns, nrvers and nrstatus. Any errors.* files from /usr/nr/var (or /usr/nr/var/errors) would also be helpful as well as the last couple of log files in /usr/nr/var/new directory.

Actions

This Discussion