Intermittent Call Transfer Capability

Unanswered Question
Nov 5th, 2001
User Badges:

Has anyone seen this before?


We have a customer that is experiencing an interesting situation. Their "Transfer" capability from their 7960 phone is working intermittently. They may have two or three calls that transfer fine, and the next time they go to transfer a call, they select the Transfer Softkey and nothing happens. The caller is still active with them but the do not get reorder tone for transfering the call.


They have been running fine for a few months and now this is starting for some reason. It's happening on a number of phones. I believe it's only being noticed by the people who do a lot of transfering.


Config Info: Dual 6509's CCM 3.0(9) Pub/Sub 400 Users

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
daceves Tue, 11/06/2001 - 09:00
User Badges:

Are you certain you don´t have Media Termination Point enabled for this gateway?

If you do whenever the MTP´s are full,the Call Manager wouldn´t let you transfer any more calls.


Regards


David

bowera Thu, 11/08/2001 - 01:51
User Badges:

If its any consolation I too have a customer complaining about this. Every time I have tested it I could not get the fault to occur - I put it down to user error....!


My situation is a H.323 (E1 - 2610) gateway to an Avaya Definity, CCM 3.0(8) Pub with 88 users


I think it's wrong of you as a consultant to write this off as user error. Go into the trace logs and prove it's user error if you're so sure. I have trace logs that show the user pressing the transfer or conf button, but nothing happens. Cisco TAC is reviewing my trace logs as well. There are some issues (admittedly intermittent) with the phones and it seems to be linked to having shared line appearances across multiple phones.

d.gavin Thu, 11/08/2001 - 10:38
User Badges:

Problem was getting more serious, but we had isolated it to calls coming into the system over oure local PRI's. Internal calls were able to be transfered with no difficulty.


We moved all users to Publisher and restarted Subscriber, then moved users back and restarted Publisher. All is working fine now. We still have open TAC case and will post again with results if worth while.


This was NOT auser issue!!!

Actions

This Discussion