cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voicemail from phone

jsmbrown
Level 1
Level 1

Call manager 3.1 Unity 3.02. When a message is left after four rings, some users are unable to listen to voicemail from the phone. It does not announce any new messages. If the called person is on the phone when the voicemail is left, the new voicemail can be heard from the phone. It does not seem to be a problem that all users have. Some users are reporting new voicemails are going away after 10 minutes. I have not confirmed this though. Either problem is not affecting all users.<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

So does the MWI come on for these users and they call into Unity to check voice mail, but Unity says they don't have any messages? Does Unity prompt them with anything else? Are these subscribers using VMO? Do they have rules that move the voice mail messages off to different folders?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Yes, MWI comes on, but goes off as soon as they log into voicemail from phone. Unity prompts as it would normally if there are no new messages - 2 to send, etc. These users are unified, they can get their voicemails through Outlook, but not from phone. Outlook, still shows message as new. Messages are in inbox. I have tested, and they are not doing any thing to the Outlook message before it has a chance to be played from the phone. I have not checked for rules yet, but the fact that it still show new and is in the inbox, and it works for voicemails that are left from busy status, I don't think that is the issue.

Not applicable

Bizarre. I can't think off the top of my head why this would only happen for ring no-answer calls and works great for busy calls. I would work on getting some form of remote access ready for TAC and give them a ring.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems