Views
Helpful
Replies

How to parse date/time recorded by CDR

lopezasp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to make my own reporting tool instead of using Cisco ART. But my problem is, I dont know how to parse or to convert the date/time format on the CDR. Is there anyone who can help with this problem?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Tom Dillon
Level 4
Level 4

Here's the info from Cisco document:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/ts_ccm_301_sec7.htm

Time Values

All time values are represented as unsigned 32 bit integers. This unsigned integer value is displayed from the database as a signed integer.

This field is a time_t value that is obtained from the Windows NT (2000) system routines. The value is a coordinated universal time (UTC) value and represents the number of seconds since Midnight (00:00:00) Jan. 1, 1970.

Deciphering the Time Stamp

Using Microsoft Excel, you can write a formula to make converting this time stamp a little easier. If the value is in cell A1, you can make another cell:

=A1/86400+DATE(1970,1,1)

There are 86400 seconds in a day.

Then, format the resulting cell as a date/time field in Excel.

cliff
Level 1
Level 1

The date time format in the CDR within the database table is a number that equals the number of seconds that have passed since 1/1/1970 12:00:00 am. You can convert from the value they have in the table to a useable date time value by using the DateAdd function in T-SQL.

I've been doing some of the same thing you are doing. In my case, I wanted the date times in local time (which is GMT - 7 hours). My function to convert this looks like this:

dateadd(hh,-7, dateadd(s, datetimeorigination, '1/1/1970 00:00:00.000'))

Notice that there are two dateadds in there. The first converts from Cisco's stored value to a human readable GMT date/time value. The outer one converts it to MDST.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: