cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"camp" doesn't work when CM set to fwd busy

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am running CM 3.1(2c), Unity 2.4.6.135, and TSP 3.0.3. I would like to enable the "camp" or caller holding feature. On a particular subscriber, I have transfer type set to supervised transfer and 5 rings, and ask caller to hold if call is busy. On this subscribers phone on the CM, I have forward busy set to the voice mail pilot. This basically negates the camp feature, because with a supervised transfer, Unity must be able to hear a busy or ringback tone in order to ask the caller to hold - otherwise it just asks the caller to record a message. So, on the users phone, if I remove the forward busy setting - it works when callers come in through the AA. However, without a forward busy setting for internal callers, they are presented with a busy tone. Is there any way around this? I.e.: enable camp for both AA callers and direct callers (either internal or external)?<br><br>Thanks in advance.<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

There's currently no way to do that. "Call holding" as the Unity feature, will absolutely require the call to be routed through Unity's AA.

What you are looking for sounds like a way to make CallManager not forward busy when the calling DN is a voice mail port. There's just no way to do that.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Thanks. Do you know what version will support this feature?

Not applicable

I know of no plans for such a CallManager feature to be supported. You could try working with your account team to make a feature request.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Are there any known workarounds? Otherwise, I will just switch the users back to release to switch.

Not applicable

If you are trying to work around the fact of having internal callers getting busy tone when calling these phones directly, then no, there is no workaround...other than having people get to these phones by way of Unity auto-attendant. Many people are not going to want to do that.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: