cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EOBC?

meio
Level 1
Level 1

During a test in my catalyst 6506 with two supervisor engines the system leds appear red in both of them, I´ve detected the problem in the EOBC.

What is the EOBC and what it does? How can i solve this problem?

Txs

2 Replies 2

bsivasub
Level 4
Level 4

EOBC is Ethernet out of band channel which is used for communication between line-cards and supervisor. In your case, it the communication between the MSFC and sup.

As I said earlier in your previous post, it usually is a bad hardware. If you seeing it on the slot16 then take the module out and see if the RED led on the sup in slot1 clears away. If it doesn't do a show test again and see what is failing.

If that clears away the red led, then you can either test the "slot 2 sup/msfC" in a different chassis on its own or the same chassis with it on its own. You can enable complete diagnostics to see if the module fail any futher tests.

set test diaglevel complete

and reset the system. If the problem doesn't clear away, you may have a bad hardware.

example of internal EOBC use when you session to the MSFC with "session 15 or 16"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: