cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding subscribers

pminguy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lot of subscribers to create, i have an exel file containing all users, dn, wich number to connect if users press "0" etc..., i had create users who don't need to have a "press zero" on there profile, i had import them on the unity server before because i dont want to create nt users.<br><br>For those who need a press zero key, i had use the bulk call handler utilities, it work ok, now i want to create subscribers, how can i create a subscriber with the good call handler in bulk ? i create it without call handler and i select the good one manually ?<br><br>Thanks <br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Well, there's no easy way to automatically "bind" subscribers to call handlers... the visible call handlers in the SA are a little different than the hidden "primary" call handlers that subscrbiers get linked to and I don't have a mechansim to create users with such specific settings from a CSV file.

If I understand what you're trying to do, you can import subscribers using the Import tool in the Unity program group (i.e. slurp in a CSV file with the user's names, extensions etc...). Once you've got the users in the system you can use BulkEdit (off AnswerMonkey.net, coming soon on the Unity 3.1 cd) to grab groups of these users and change their "0" key behavior to map to whatever you want.

This would be an easier method to use I'd think... unless I'm missing something?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: