cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot NAT IP address used by Pix interface ?

mledoux
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it true that you cannot NAT the ip address used by an interface on the PIX like you can on a cisco router ? We can only get one IP address from our isp. Can we still use a pix and NAT with only one ip ? Thanks!

4 Replies 4

0r-lau
Level 1
Level 1

of course you can use it like a cisco router.

here's the link for the NAT and PAT command for the PIX.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/110/19.html

Regards,

Ron

Thanks for the reply, I had a pix a while back that I had configured to do NAT and as I remember it would not let me do NAT on an ip address assigned to an interface. Is this not the case as I remember it ?( it was a while back ). Sorry if the question wasn't clear, but that is specifically what I was asking about- if on the PIX you could use an ip address assigned to an interface for NAT also.

Thanks again !

Just use "global (outside) 1 interface" if you want to use the IP address of the outside interface. You will need an associated "nat (inside) 1 0 0" command to nat all internal IPs. If you outside IP is 20.20.20.1 then anyone initiating a connection going from inside to outside would be natted to 20.20.20.1.

thanks guys for the quick responses. That makes sense, will do !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card