Views
Helpful
Replies

CLNS over IP

forluca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a network with a only ip backbone. Now we need to add 2 device that support OSI protocols in 2 different sites. I would not like to routing this protocol on the backbone so I think it is possible to create a ip tunnel between 2 routers directed attached on the ip network and on the OSI devices.

Anyone have experienced this type of solution? If yes, can you give me a samle configuration.

Thank you for the help.

5 Replies 5

Thank you very much for your help.

I don't think that this will work, think perhaps GRE supports AppleTalk but not OSI. Have a similar problem myself but so far had no joy from Cisco. OSI is ancient and must be bridged, not heard of ANY tunneling which succeeds, anyone else done it?

Regards

Sean

Worth a try, theres always clns static routes.

Yeah, its worth a try. Remember, your MTU can cause problems if your trying to shove a 1500 size down a 1476 (GRE) pipe. You may need to reduce your MTU. I actually run a GRE tunnel out of my house, and MTU was a huge headache for my ethernet based connections. Once I lowered MTU on the source, all was well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: