cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Phone load still echo

j.magee
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CCM 3.1.2...rolled out phone load P003030101p3 and still have echo...is there any other direction that I can looking in ...Thanks in Advance for the replys

4 Replies 4

rokibbe
Level 1
Level 1

Echo is rarely a problem that's all one sided. More details on where the echo's coming in (for example, calls from IP Phone to IP Phone across the LAN, IP Phone to PSTN, etc.) are CRITICAL when trying to troubleshoot these scenarios. There may, as well, be problems with the config or loads on the switch/switches in between, or on the gateway devices in the situation of PSTN calls. There's a document on Cisco.com to help isolate echo issues at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/intsolns/voipsol/ea_isd.htm . It should help you open the scope of your investigation further.

Thanks , I will update w/ what I find ...Thanks Again

msmith
Level 1
Level 1

j.magee:

If you have a DT24+ get rid of it. We did and it was 80% of the problem. we also used router commands

cablelenght short 133

echo-cancel coverage 32

thanks marc

I did the same as Marc on all of my IOS gateways and resolved the majority of echo for inbound and local calling. However, I also have two 6608 blades which support long distance dialing and these continue to have fairly consistent echo on outbound calls that originate from the remote sites. The audio adjustment into the IP network is currently set to -6db. Audio level is still good and the echo remains. Voice, skinny, setup, and gateway (H323 and MGCP) control traffic are prioritized but the sporadic echo remains. I generally see 6-7 gigabytes of traffic in a 24 hour period with no drops of voice traffic. This traffic is policed via a service-policy applied to traffic entering the WAN from each site. I even added the host IP address for Unity. My traffic volume is 15-20% of available bandwidth. If anyone else has found a solution to persistent echo, I would appreciate some input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: