cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfers...

ges
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!<br><br>We have a Unity 2.4 Build 2.4.5.73 server, with Call Manager 3.0(7) (upgrading to Nirvana immenently...)<br><br>Our issue here is... our sales guys would like to transfer their calls to their cellphones.<br><br>This works just peachy if you call their lines directly, or are calling form inside the company.<br><br>If you call our main # and get the Main Greeting, and dial their extension, you get one of two things:<br><br>1 ring then dead<br>No rings, dead silence until you hang up.<br><br>We have Unrestricted Transfer going on with the following dial strings:<br><br>0 - 91* Yes<br>1 - 9* Yes<br>2 - 9011* No<br>3 - * Yes<br><br>The CoS is set so {Default Subscriber} has Unrestricted Transfer set.<br><br>Any ideas? :(<br><br>Thanks!<br>Glenn<br><br>---<br>Glenn E. Sieb, System Administrator<br>Lumeta Corp. mailto:ges@lumeta.com<br>+1 732 357-3514 (V) <br>+1 732 564-0731 (Fax)

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

Release transfers? Unity is probably trying to release the transfer before the call is set all the way up to the cell phone.

TSP 3.0.3 would probably solve the issue, but you can't run it on that version of Unity. However, you can play with some timing by inserting a comma or two at the end of the transfer string on the SA.

So, instead of transferring to 2062563000 transfer to 2062563000,,

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Ok... So how do I tell Unity to do this? It's not just on cellphones.. it fails when you forward to a land line as well. But again, only if you're having Unity transfer your call to the forwarded line.

Thanks, Steve!!!!
Glenn

Not applicable

Yeah, it probably has to do with a release transfer to ANY external phone, not just cell phones. You'd have to manaully enter the commas into Unity's SA transfer field for all of the external numbers in question.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Ok I guess I'm just having a bad week this week.. cuz I'm blonde attacking on SA.. System Administrator? If so, where? I can't do it in Restriction Tables, since ','s are not allowed...

Sorry for the blonde attack, Steve.... But thanks for all your help so far! :) :) :)

Glenn

---
Glenn E. Sieb, System Administrator
Lumeta Corp. mailto:ges@lumeta.com
+1 732 357-3514 (V)
+1 732 564-0731 (Fax)

Not applicable

Yeah "SA" == System Administration. For each and every subscriber or call handler that wants to transfer out to an external number, try entering the commas on each call handler or subscriber "Call Transfer" page. There's a field that says "Yes, ring subscriber at this number". Post-pend the commas to the number in that field.

If that is still confusing, feel free to check out the 2.4 System Admin Guide. There's a section under "Modifying subscriber settings" for call transfer.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity24/sag/sag246.pdf

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Yes, I've looked through the SA interface.

This isn't a permanent transfer, Steve. This is someone's out on a business call during the day and wants to transfer their calls to their cellphone, home phone, whatever. Do I have to inform my users that they have to tell me every time they want to do this, so I can put the fix in? There's no way of making this global for anyone transferring outside??

Thanks,
Glenn

---
Glenn E. Sieb, System Administrator
Lumeta Corp. mailto:ges@lumeta.com
+1 732 357-3514 (V)
+1 732 564-0731 (Fax)

Not applicable

Before messing with a system wide transfer setting, I'd highly recommend testing that if there is a delay placed at the end of a transfer string, then external release transfers work. Make sense? I'd hate to make system wide changes without really knowing that a post-digit dialing delay is what we are looking for. Have you tested a transfer to an external number by adding SA transfer string commas yet?

What is the TSP version? Depending upon the version, you could set the following registry key HKLM\Software\Active Voice\AvSkinny\PostDigit Send Delay=XXXX, where XXXX is a milisecond parameter. This would be system wide, it would affect (by adding a delay) all transfers whether internal or external. If the key is there, your TSP version should support it. You might have to play around with this timer a bit to get things working.

There's nothing really global that can be done from the SA, especially if the transfer destination changes often. Adding a special TransferIntiate string to the switch file isn't probably going to work, since the MIU won't do much with that value when using the AvSkinnyTSP.

If the transfer destinations change frequently, then setting that registry key is probably the best bet outside of upgrading to TSP 3.0.4 (which requires at least Unity 2.4.6.135).

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: