cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls won't transfer out of Unity

smburke
Level 1
Level 1

Scenario:<br><br>Call Manager 3.1.2 (running on the first production 2.1 7750)<br>Unity 2.4.6.161 (running on dedicated, separate server)<br><br>Calls won't transfer out of Unity to CM extensions. Call handlers won't forward, they go to greeting or voicemail boxes, and the directory handler won't ring extensions. It goes straight into users' voicemail boxes. <br><br>It seems as if Unity can't call back to the Call Manager. Any suggestions?<br><br>

9 Replies 9

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Probably one of 2 things:

Either this:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/default_sub_temp.html

Or you have a problem with Call Search Spaces and Partitions. Do you have any defined?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Partitions and search spaces are set up correctly. That link did help with transfers to subscribers from the directory handler.

Question:

Does an extension have to be associated with a Unity subscriber to have calls transferred to it from Unity? I have call handlers set up to transfer to extensions on the Call Manager that aren't Unity subscribers, but the calls don't seem to make it.

Yes it will work. How long is the extension number? Maybe you are running in to issues with the dial out rules you have defined in the Unity.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

probably wouldn't be the restriction tables here... the restriction table limits are enforced at the time the number is changed (via the SA or over the telephone conversation). The restriction tables associated with the user making the change are the one's used at that time. If a number is in there and you can save it, Unity will dial it.

More likely this is a configuration issue with the transfer rule for the call handler. For subscribers there's only one transfer rule, for call handlers there's 3 (standard, off hours and alternat). I'd suggest activating the alternate contact rule and testing it that way to make sure you're not dealing with a scheule issue or something along those lines (this is pretty common).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Ok. . I can transfer calls to extensions using the "After Greeting Send Caller To:" method, but they don't seem to work at all if an option is set under the "Call Transfer" config page in either a subscriber or a call handler. It appears as if Unity is just ignoring the call transfer setting and going straight to the handler or subscriber's greeting.

Any ideas? Scheduling isn't the issue as this happens on standard, closed, and alternate settings.

Not applicable

You might be getting tripped up on terminology here... the "after greeting action" (or the one key links or after message action) does not actually do the transfer to a phone. This merely points to a call handler or subscriber and indicates if we should attempt the call transfer set on that call handler/subscriber or not. If a transfer rule is not enabled on the target handler/subscriber then it's a moot point, it'll always go to the greeting no matter what the link to that handler is set to.

When you enter a call handler, the first thing it does is checks the transfer rules. Is one is enabled and active, it's going to follow that rule. This can be to attempt a transfer or to jump right to the greeting. There are three of these, standard, off hourse and alternate. If the alternate rule is enabled, it always kicks in no matter what time of day it is. I always ask people to use this when testing because it rules out any scheduling issues.

If no contact rules are enabled and active the handler proceeds to the greeting rules and triggers on the appropriate one. One will always fire no matter what. The standard greeting can't be disabled so if all else fails this one will kick in regardless.

When you transfer control from one call handler/subscriber to another using one key links, after message actions or after greeting actions you indicate at one point you want to jump into that chain. If you set this to "attemp transfer" it will start at the top and evaluate the transfer rules. If one is enabled and active it proceeds as normal, if not, control passes to the greeting rules as normal. If you set this to "send to greeting" it will just bypass the transfer rule check and go right to the greeting rules.

If the target call handler is setup with a proper transfer rule that's firing, you should be able to assign an extension number to it as a test and dial it from the opening greeting directly and get transfered to the number specified in the transfer rule (this is another good test to try). If not, the problem lies in your transfer rules. If it does then the problem lies in your links to the call handler. If both those are set up correctly and it's not working, it could be a bug. There have been a few in this area with the contact rules not being enabled properly when they show they're enabled on the SA (same with the greeting rules). This is another reason to test with the alternate rules to make sure you're not getting bit by that.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I think I was using the wrong terminology to describe the issue to you.

I have a call handler set up with call transfer enabled (in the alternate setting to avoid schedule issues). The "Yes, Ring a subscriber at this extension" is checked, and a valid call manager extension is entered. I have tried both a release to switch and a supervised transfer.

Neither seems to work. It appears that the transfer is failing, so the call jumps to the call handler's greeting.

I can get calls to transfer to extensions using the "After the greeting" selection, but not before the call hits the greeting on the handler.

Schedules are set correctly, and I don't see any routing rules or restrictions that would be blocking the call.

Have you resolved this issue? i am also having similar issue. call directly going to Voice mail before taking the transfer rule. 

I am having this issue as well but I have caused it specifically by swapping out the route partition on the line itself.

Our contracted services set it up so all sites are in the same partition/CSS thus I have no segregation of sites, so I'm starting on fixing it.  My test phone has had it's CSS's and PT's set statically now (instead of their silly DMG's) but when I change the route PT on the line it messes up Unity's forwarding.

I added the PT to the CSS for Unity but it still is not allowing the transfer to the extension.  It has to be something that deals with the CSS's.  Basically Unity can't call it so it goes straight to voicemail.  Now I just need to find out where this is configured.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: