Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Linksys BEFVP41 and Cisco 3005

Unanswered Question
Jan 17th, 2002
User Badges:

We recently bought a few of the *NEW* Linksys BEFVP41 Cable/DSL VPN Routers to test out, and I'm having a hard time getting them to establish IPSec connections with our VPN 3005 Concentrator.

The configuration options are very limitted on the Linksys boxes. I can specify the Local Secure Group, Remote Secure group, Remote Gateway, Encryption (3DES/DES/None), and Authentication (MD5/SHA/None).

The connections are established, but the 3005 keeps reporting that "All IPSec SA proposals found unacceptable!".

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a chance to try out the BEFVP41's and whether they've been successful in creating the tunnels?

Marcelo -

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
kowhai Mon, 01/21/2002 - 08:05
User Badges:

I have been trying to configure a Linksys BEFSR41 to work with my Cisco 675. After some time with Linksys tech support, they told me the two were not compatable. I would love to hear from others who have this confirmed or have got their Linksys to work.

Peter

mgallardo Mon, 01/21/2002 - 11:01
User Badges:

If you're referring to the BEFVP41, I finally did get it to work by making the IKE proposal on the 3005 IKE-3DES-MD5-DH1. The SA errors went away.

Marcelo -

adomingues Thu, 04/18/2002 - 14:33
User Badges:

What should the settings on the BEFVP41 side be? 3DES and MD5 are easy to map, but what is DH1? And are these settings for phase I and II under "main mode" of operation? Aires

adowen Tue, 05/07/2002 - 17:01
User Badges:

Marcelo,

Can you provide detail as to what settings you used on the Advanced settings page of the Linksys BEFVP41 & the corresponding changes to the 3005?

TIA,

Adam

mddistor Fri, 10/04/2002 - 13:16
User Badges:

I have the same issue regarding Linksys and 3005, I tried to follow what's been stated here KE Proposal) but I stll cant make it work.

any inputs?

doug.webb Mon, 04/22/2002 - 06:03
User Badges:

This does work. I have the same Linksys with the Cisco 678, should be same as 675.

I have the Linksys as my firewall blocker and my computers are connected to it. The Cisco is connected to the Linksys on the WAN port. Unfortunetly I had to use the Cross-over cable to make this work. The cable is connected from the Cisco to the Linksys. All other cables are straight.

Actions

This Discussion