cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys BEFVP41 and Cisco 3005

mgallardo
Level 1
Level 1

We recently bought a few of the *NEW* Linksys BEFVP41 Cable/DSL VPN Routers to test out, and I'm having a hard time getting them to establish IPSec connections with our VPN 3005 Concentrator.

The configuration options are very limitted on the Linksys boxes. I can specify the Local Secure Group, Remote Secure group, Remote Gateway, Encryption (3DES/DES/None), and Authentication (MD5/SHA/None).

The connections are established, but the 3005 keeps reporting that "All IPSec SA proposals found unacceptable!".

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a chance to try out the BEFVP41's and whether they've been successful in creating the tunnels?

Marcelo -

6 Replies 6

kowhai
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to configure a Linksys BEFSR41 to work with my Cisco 675. After some time with Linksys tech support, they told me the two were not compatable. I would love to hear from others who have this confirmed or have got their Linksys to work.

Peter

If you're referring to the BEFVP41, I finally did get it to work by making the IKE proposal on the 3005 IKE-3DES-MD5-DH1. The SA errors went away.

Marcelo -

What should the settings on the BEFVP41 side be? 3DES and MD5 are easy to map, but what is DH1? And are these settings for phase I and II under "main mode" of operation? Aires

Marcelo,

Can you provide detail as to what settings you used on the Advanced settings page of the Linksys BEFVP41 & the corresponding changes to the 3005?

TIA,

Adam

I have the same issue regarding Linksys and 3005, I tried to follow what's been stated here KE Proposal) but I stll cant make it work.

any inputs?

This does work. I have the same Linksys with the Cisco 678, should be same as 675.

I have the Linksys as my firewall blocker and my computers are connected to it. The Cisco is connected to the Linksys on the WAN port. Unfortunetly I had to use the Cross-over cable to make this work. The cable is connected from the Cisco to the Linksys. All other cables are straight.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: