cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Fail-over requirements

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am reading the documentation on Cisco Unity 3.12 as we speak, here are my questions on the Fail-over solution:<br><br>1) In terms of hardware, (i know if sounds kind of dumb), but can we have different memory sizes/processor speed/drive capacity on a fail-over server? <br>2) Customer will upgrade from 3.02 single server to 3.1x dual/fail-over server(s). I don't think there should be an issue going from 3.02 to 3.1x on a single server, but how do the 2 Unity server share the database information between each other after they are upgraded? Does the Failoverconfig.exe process take care of this?<br><br><br>Systems Engineer

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

There sould not be a problem with one.

2) The process will be to upgrade server one from 3.02 to 3.12, then Install your second server with 3.12
Then run the failover config on the SECOND server. This will make a connection to the first server. Then run the failover config on the First server. and this will remove extra user accounts (i.e. the second example administrator, etc) from the second server. And you should be good to go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: