cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Access Help required

sfriday
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have a 3640 router with 3 ISDN lines split into 2 64K lines, giving us 6 dialin lines. However we have outgrown and need to upgrade. My question is do Cisco have a router that can handle a hunter group, it would be better to have a single number with a ISDN bank for access. Is this possible or am I asking too much.

For future access we need to go to 12 dial in connections and allow growth to 24.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Steve

2 Replies 2

mitchellp
Level 1
Level 1

Steve,

I'm assuming you are using multiple ISDN 2 type interfaces on the 3640

you can generally ask your ISDN provider to assign a single spoofed number and have all of the individual ISDN lines put under it in a group. (Just add more channels as needed.) Then you make the call to the spoofed number. (Just make sure they configure call pass on, on failure.

Another way would be to buy an E1 ISDN circuit and only ask for the number of channels you need, this can always be changed, you just have to pay more money! I haven't checked but I'm pretty confident there is an E1 interface for the 3600's.

Rgrds

Paul Mitchell

jduffek
Level 1
Level 1

Id go for nm-8b-x or nm-x-ct1/ce1 cards. Call cisco presales for part help 800-553-NETS. The router doesnt control the "hunt-group" stuff though, telco does that.

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: